
For those of you who took the quiz on Shirin and Gabriel's blog here's another one. I was distressed by my third place match on their quiz; on this quiz I still matched with Kucinich and Gravel but replaced Guiliani with Hillary. I got this quiz from the site Gabriel used to obtain Huckabee's position points: http://www.ontheissues.org/.
I think the problem with all of these quizzes are the impossible questions (Agree or Disagree: drug use is immoral; support more funding for drug enforcement > what if you think funding drug enforcement laws is good but that drug use is not immoral? Do you choose to agree or disagree with this statement?) and the limited answers from which you must choose one answer. Often I don't like any of the answer options.
If nothing else, the quizzes have started me thinking more seriously about my position on the issues. This is a good thing because I have been so tired of the hoopla about the candidates that I've quit tuning in. Maybe it's because they've been campaigning since Bush started his second term!
1 comment:
It's funny that months ago (I even discussed it with Martha at my last visit to IL in August) I was leaning towards Obama and he's never one of the matches in my quiz results. Today I've done yet more research on the candidates and I'm leaning even more heavily towards Obama. I guess the quizzes are less than perfect.
Post a Comment