Obi, on the other hand, found a spot between two chairs to hide. You can see him alert and listening to Cyrus who's on the other side of the chair.
While Shirin and Gabriel were gone Cyrus and I just hung out together outside. He discovered something very interesting between the bricks in the stairs by our front door. (Yes, that's a little pile of leftover snow.)
No honey, you shouldn't pick the red berries off the bush. (Somehow a few accidentally got picked off anyway.)
That curved step behind him used to be his arch nemesis, but now he walks over it like it's not even there.
The best thing ever, a pile of stones. (Grandma yawns a bit here.)
Last summer Saeed carefully pulled Cyrus around in this garden cart. Now he can crawl into it himself in order to throw out each little sweet gum ball...
... and crawl out...
... by himself.
He found the bag of bird seeds Saeed left out from when he filled the feeders. It becomes Cyrus' duty to carry it to the feeders to do the same.
He is so fascinated by those sunflower seeds.
Cyrus, what are...
... you doing? And this chair was JUUUUST right.
When Shirin and Gabriel came home they caught us sitting in the leaves in the sun doing absolutely nothing other than sitting in the leaves in the sun. It felt so good.
The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout.
When your arms aren't long enough you have to just go right in after it.
Got it!
I hope Cyrus has inherited some of his mommy's genes for art.
Oh Yeah! Looks like he's got it.
I assure you that my grandson is anatomically correct (as opposed to Barbie) but I have photo-shopped in some extra thick water in these bath scenes to camouflage the proof of that. It seems kind of ridiculous, but I heard about some grandparents who got arrested for photographs they took of their little toddler granddaughters in the bath tub. The store who developed the pictures called the police. So, Cyrus has been photo-neutered.
Cyrus has learned to wash himself...
... and to 'wash his face' while the water comes rinsing down so it doesn't get in his eyes.
I love bathtub baby pictures. They just look so.... clean!
Kissing the turtle.
All done!
I was watching Cyrus and Saeed for quite a while from the kitchen window. When I decided to record them, Saeed, unaware of my presence, decided he'd had enough. Cyrus, at first, doesn't want to come in and goes back out to the feeder. But soon you hear him say "In, in, in, in" and in he comes.
Following the little man around.
Did I also enjoy stones when I was little? Must have, but I only remember enjoying biology.
Cyrus notices Obi sunning himself by the door.
I love the determined little boy who wants to bring the seeds to the birds. It sounds like he keeps saying "Wadee" which is the way he pronounces "Frosty"... so I'm a little confused by what he was repeating.
Cyrus is in heaven with his seeds and bird feeder:























4 comments:
Aw...he is so cute. He has so much fun with you guys.
-Shirin
He is super cute. Can't wait to see him. :-) i hope he remembers me.
Oh he'll remember you. He still talks about you from last time.
I just love this post Ingrid joon. It's so funny how many things Arya does that Cyrus does. Gotta love those moments when you just can't help but chuckle at the little things he does. If I was there I'd gobble him up! He's so cute.
Post a Comment