Sunday, May 23, 2010

Our Weekend With Cyrus

Although Cyrus has slept over MANY times it was always with at least one parent here. This weekend his parents went to a wedding in Raleigh so the little bubsy was here by himself and he did great.

Charging forth with two balls hidden behind his back.

Frow! (love the foot hitched up like a real pitcher)

I tried to take him to Cherry Park but he fell asleep for over two hours in the car. By the time he woke up it was pouring rain so we went to Walmart instead and got some new crayons.

Cyrus caught up on his reading this weekend.

His best friend right now is Mickey Mouse. When I found out Cyrus would be a big brother I bought him a little baby doll so he could play around with the new baby idea. Here he's putting Mickey and baby to bed.

Good job Cyrus (well, sort of!)

He still loves this pop-up toy. Now that he's mastered each of the mechanisms that makes the animal pop up and knows which animal will be popping out of each section I think he feels such satisfaction.

Pretending to go to bed with Mickey.

The best part of this game is yelling "Beddup!" (get up) and getting up really fast.

Master of his domain.

Cyrus 'helped' his Baba put up a new bird feeder today. Here they are walking to the front yard to get the pole.

I love the way his little hand holds onto Saeed's leg.

Another plan for this weekend that never happened due to rain was to finally get out there and learn how to ride the tricycle.

Shortly after Shirin and Gabriel got back Cyrus must have gotten really excited and raced around the house like a maniac. After getting all sweaty he went into Saeed's computer area and absconded with Saeed's smiley face stickers. Perhaps the question should not be, "Why does Cyrus have smiley face stickers all over his face?" but, "Why does Saeed have smiley face stickers?"

The reunited family is on their way back to Athens and my videos are slowly uploading for later posting. This family of three may very well be a family of four the next time I see them, or if Shirin is laboring when I go, a family of nearly four. I think it feels somewhat surreal to all of us. We know and are used to Cyrus but pretty soon there will be a whole other person in the family. What will he look like? What will his temperament be like? Will he get those recessive genes and be blue eyed? Will Cyrus want to knock his block off?

To be continued...

3 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Thanks again. Cyrus had so much fun and I can tell he didn't miss us at all. I'm happier about that than upset, since I will feel OK leaving him again (whenever you've rested up a bit!) :)
-Shirin

Tita said...

J'attends la suite...

Ingrid said...

"I await the continuation" is what the online translation spit out... so OK, I will post those videos!