Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Goodbye Layli-joon

We had to put Layli to sleep tonight; stomach lymphoma. I miss her so much already. It seems so unreal I can't quite believe it. Too sad to write about her right now.

5 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

I told Tita last night that you would really miss her at bedtime every night since she was the BEST bed buddy ever. RIP Layli aka Rhino girl. We loved you so much.
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

Interestly, Banu slept in my left armpit the last two nights, Layli's former armpit. She was yummy but it's not quite the same. Layli would hang on no matter which way I rolled and I loved the way she'd stretch out along my back when I was on my right side, purring and warm. When Lupe was sitting on my lap this morning she turned her head quickly to the bedroom door like always to watch Layli enter and I turned to say hi to Layli. It'll be some time before we all quit doing that.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful kitty cat. I will miss her. Beautiful Layli, you are loved and will be missed. Rest in peace. -Anahita

Anonymous said...

sweetheart ingrid hi;
i am so sorry to see you hurt and sad , for your lovely boddy cat , i hope you get out of it fast and easy Azizam , its so hard to foget the time when he was there with you , but you need to except it and think that he is in good place and had a good time with you gys , my pray is with you ,hug and kisses to you .
love -nahid

Ingrid said...

Thank you Nahid-joon. I miss her the most at night. As Shirin said, Layli was the best bed-buddy ever. When Anahita was here just a few weeks ago she said Layli slept next to her too. It was so hard last night without her right there next to me purring her comforting purr as I fell asleep... Layli is the third kitty we've put to sleep in about four years, so in some sense it gets easier. I know that as much as I miss Calvin and Teddie life goes on and I get happy again. With a house full of 9 cats (at one time) you'd think I wouldn't miss a particular cat, but I miss them the same as if they were the only cat in the house. Each one has their own personality and place in my heart.