Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Results Are In

Other than Banu (who is not a food motivated cat any way) all the kitties like their new food. And even Banu ate a little bit and then walked away; I didn't get a picture of her. I must confess, the food smelled good to me too, not stinky like regular canned cat food.

Here are some pictures of the new experience:

Lupe tasting moist food for the first time.

Mmmmm.

Frosty took to it like a champ.

Chappu, who follows Frosty around the way she followed Calvin, watches Frosty chow down.

Although she is definitely a crunchy carb lover Chappu did eat the moist food. Maybe watching Frosty eat it made her feel better about it. No kidding, she often follows Frosty into the kitchen and if he eats, she eats. 

Tippy seems to like it too. She vomited a little bit two times but when I present her with the option of dry v.s. wet she chooses the wet. No more vomiting though.

What a long tongue for such a tiny cat!

Obi gorged himself on the food; I should have stopped him. These pics are from last night after he ate too much.

He and the others had to do a major clean up.

 A very satisfied customer.

Unfortunately Obi (and I, the one cleaning up) are paying the price today for his pig out session yesterday. He vomited twice and has had diarrhea today. Thankfully he is using his litter box faithfully and it's small quantities each time, but boy are we paying the price for me not introducing the food more slowly. I knew I should go slowly but it just warmed my heart so much to see him happily scarfing down that food. Sigh.... He's now on "gut rest" as Shirin calls it. I've been obsessed these last few days with doing the right thing and totally did the wrong thing, at least with Obi. Oh well, nobody's perfect. And I'm ready to start thinking of other things... like doing my laundry. Much less stressful!

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Good, start thinking about your laundry now. You're doing everything right for them.
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

Thanks hon. I've been pretty neurotic about it. Obi's tummy seems better and he did happily eat that food again, so it would appear there are no negative consequences from his day-after hangover.