Saturday, October 13, 2012

New Case For My iPhone

Since a certain little someone broke my other iPhone case I've been doing some research for a replacement. Fully planning to get an Otter box like the rest of my family I bumped into a product called Pong. It's been out for a while actually. The advantage to this case is that in addition to protecting the phone from damage it works to redirect radiation away from your head and body while optimizing reception. Sound too good to be true?

Wired Magazine was one of many to give this technology the thumbs up. It does work to minimize your body's exposure to radiation, but then I guess the next question is, does it matter?

Michael Rundle in the Huffington Post says, "For the feel and strength of the case alone it's among our favourites of the year so far. And if it turns out in 20 years that there really are health issues involved with using a mobile, well, we'll just accept the benefits as a lucky bonus."

I won't get it in time for my trip to IL but I will be excited to snap it on once it gets here. And by the way, it's red. :-)


2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

I'm sorry to say, it doesn't look like it'll protect your iPhone from breaking the screen if it falls on its corner. I know from having a dinky little case like that at first and getting my screen broken very easily. :(
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

You may be right but I hope you're wrong. My plan is not to drop it at all. Best laid plans...