It wasn't long after Tita had gotten home that the kitties had to investigate everything. Chappu loved Tita's old running shoes.
Earlier that day we'd gone to Charlotte so Tita could be fitted for some new running shoes. As much as she runs she needs a really good pair, so this fellow was the purported expert, or so the store personnel claimed. I guess you can look interesting and still do a good job fitting peoples' shoes.
She'll probably kill me for including this picture but it was so funny - she wanted to break in her new shoes so she wore them (and her pajama pants) while cooking us dinner. Her food was yummy - a quinoa and lentil dish - cooked by a chef in flamingo pink running shoes.
One of the first things Kai did after getting up Saturday morning was to check out the pile of presents under the tree.
Poor Banu! She's giving Kai the stink-eye from under our bed.
Shirin hired Cyrus to take a picture of her and Tita.
My gang.
My hired staff, putting together the luminaries for our house that our subdivision does every Christmas. It looks so lovely when all the neighbors light them. People drive slowly through the neighborhood with their lights off and some of the neighbors go from house to house Christmas caroling.
We walked though the neighborhood to look at our neighbors lights.
This house was our actual destination. It was a mine field of guide wires and electrical wires and I had to go in more than once to rescue two little curious boys. They had more blow up characters than last year!
It was fun for the big kids too.
There's nothing better after an evening of strolling through Christmas lights and luminaries than sitting around a nice fire. Saeed had been working on Shirin's fire pit since her last visit; it now has a a barrier of bricks and...
... some nice benches.
We had hot chocolate and s'mores.
I have to laugh when I see this picture -it's too posed and what makes me laugh is that my mother would love it!
The next day David came over bearing gifts. The boys were so excited.
Iron Man! I wonder if it comes with a pink duster?
David Claus:
Shirin was trying to get the boys to cooperate and pose for a picture that would be the wall paper for her new Surface. Who knows how that picture turned out!
Tita peering into her stocking for some goodies.
Wish I could remember what Gabriel was saying to Cyrus about that granola bar... probably something like, "Now son, these are really disgusting. You give me yours and I'll eat it for you."
The next day we took Tita to the airport only to have her call us up to ask if we could turn around and come back to get her - her flight was delayed by four hours. Yikes. We made lemonade out of lemons and went to the Vietnamese restaurant for lunch to kill some time. That's why this nice picture of Saeed and Anahita has sexy Asian ladies on the poster behind her!
And this is a picture Tita sent us today wearing her new Georgia Bulldog T-shirt (from Shirin) with the caption, "I may be back in SF but I am wearing my Southeast gear! With my Gamecocks hoodie too! Represent!"
What a great few days together. I loved our time together.






















1 comment:
Great pictures mommy. I loved them. It was a wonderful trip. :)
Post a Comment