The random thoughts & events in the life of an animal-loving, peace-loving vegetarian. I can't promise to write regularly. And I can't promise that it will be interesting when I do.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Speaking The Truth
I try not to offend when I find myself in a position to speak out on behalf of a group of people or for animals. Finding the balance between remaining silent and speaking out because it's wrong not to defend that which needs defending ("Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.) can be precarious sometimes. I do understand that just because I have a point of view that doesn't mean it's right or that others share it. Still, there are some positions that are consistently sound and compelling regardless of time or place. Could these then be considered "truth"?
I am listening to a book right now in which the main characters are motivated by the search for truth. The main character at one point says, "The truth is the truth. Don't be mad at me for saying it." I love that. So many times people get mad at the messenger (more often defensive and combative) instead of feeling outrage at the issue. So I will continue to speak the truth as I see it. Don't be mad at me for saying it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment