Sunday, October 13, 2013

Be This Guy

Being an (ethical) vegan goes against the mainstream belief that nonhuman animals are our property.


Please note, I'm not saying those of use who use animals are "Nazis", but we have all swallowed the speciesist indoctrination which has allowed us to participate in the exploitation, torture and murder of many animals. 56 billion land animals and many more times that number of sea animals are tortured and murdered each year. If we are not vegan we are participating in great violence. All vegans used animals at one point in their lives prior to being vegan. All vegans were at one point in their lives speciesist and participated in great violence. It's time to see it for what it is. Leonardo DaVinci is quoted as having said, "The time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men."

This man in the photo who refused to give the Nazi salute was August Landmesser.


P.S. I realize that even as a vegan one still perpetuates the deaths of animals inadvertently. The combines that harvest our plant crops, for example, kill many small animals.  

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

I just looked up August Landmesser. What a sad story. The Nazis were so cruel.
-Shirin
PS I know that's not what your post was really about, but I got interested in such an interesting person, so willing to incur probable trouble to stand up for what he believed.

Ingrid said...

Me too. I spent more time reading about him and the situation than it probably took me to write the post. I've always admired those who speak out when it's not convenient, comfortable, or safe.