Sunday, October 5, 2014

Remodeling The Kitchen - Update #1

There has been more activity on our kitchen project recently. A couple of weeks went by when nothing much happened but the original finish date was to be October 2 and that date has come and gone. I expected as much. Lowe's has been good about keeping us up to date on the calendar changes but they haven't seemed to hire the best quality workmanship. Saeed contacted them to say we are seeing some problems and today I spent two hours going over the work and putting sticky notes where the problems are. Our project manager will be coming tomorrow to see what's going on. I feel sure they'll address the problems satisfactorily.

The cabinets have been put in. The structure in the foreground is the island. I didn't realize it would be so long but that's all good - lots of extra storage space inside it.

This is where our white desk and phone used to be.

This used to be our pantry. The refrigerator will go in there and we have nice cabinets surrounding it.

The counter top has been installed. This picture doesn't do it justice.

It's very pretty.

One day half the floor was down and...

... the next day it was done.

The backing of the island was attached and an electrical socket was put in so appliances can be used on the island. Notice also the under cabinet lighting that's reflecting off the counter. Pretty!

Our new sink (no water yet) and our new dishwasher.

So that's where we are right now. Hope the meeting with the project manager goes well tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. We've been wondering how things have been going. It looks beautiful. From your photos I can't see two hours worth of sticky notes. It's good you took the time to check. I wish I had done a better job when we bought our house. It was all such a whirl wind, I missed a lot. We are thinking about a bathroom project next. Our shower is getting cracks on the floor, the countertop is full of fine scratches. It was all cheap, cheap, cheap.
Your kitchen will be a lovely place to create many more great family gathering memories.

- Your Big Sis

Ingrid said...

These pics are pre-sticky notes. Yeah, I know what you mean about cheap materials. I'm a bit concerned about how they're going to resolve some of the cabinet issues since they can't rebuild them...

Anonymous said...

Ingy joon,
Please don't forget to tell your sister and other potential future visitors about how we want to keep our lovely kitchen new once it is complete.

Ingrid said...

Ha ha.