Meet Dr. Vivek Murthy, seen here with Senator Cory Booker.
(I love Booker who is vegan but that may be another post.)
So why am I blogging about him? Because he is a breath of fresh air. A growing minority of us believe that the government's status quo position on health care and the role nutrition plays needs to go. We still give subsidies to the meat and dairy industries and not the fruit and vegetable industries, knowing that our citizens don't eat enough produce. We have one of the sickest populations in the West. Hate to go all valley girl on you but, um helloooooo?
Dr. Murthy is wicked smart. He graduated valedictorian of his high school, did his undergrad at Harvard University (graduating magna cum laude in three years' time) then got a combined medical and business degree from Yale. He currently practices at Brigham's and Women's Hospital and get this --- he's 37 years old. I've also read that Dr. Murthy has almond milk, carrots, and high-protein grains in his fridge, another sign of intelligence :-)
I reward you for reading this post with the following Jon Stewart video:
Wishing You a Healthy Happy New Year!!
(eat your fruits and vegetables)

1 comment:
I love Jon Stewart!
-Shirin
Post a Comment