Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Fourth Of July In Charleston

As I said, I'll take better pics next time, and I only took pics of our visit to the beach. Even so, it brings back good memories.

While most of us go to the beach to swim, talk, read, and/or get some sun, Saeed goes to the beach to sleep. There's something about the heat, being away from the demands of life, and perhaps the sound of the waves (?) that performs better than any sleeping pill on the market. He slept the whole time we were there. A few dogs came up and sniffed him and a game of running bases came within inches of him, but he slept through it all.

Tita with a few of her nieces and nephews.

Daniel's brother, Jake, bought his kids a surf board and spent most of his water time pushing them through the waves on it. Here he's getting ready to push Cyrus toward shore.


Here he is on his first surf board ride (it's blurry because I had zoomed to take a close up and forgot to unzoom it before starting filming, sorry.)


And just general water fun:

We had hoped to connect with Daniel's parents while there but they were in NY. We did meet up with his aunt and uncle whom we like very much and had a lovely visit before we left to come back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're blogging again! That was a fun weekend. Love, tita