Saturday, December 20, 2008

First Taste Of Persian Food

I know, the pictures don't match the title, but that's because the title refers to the first video. I'll be talking about "today" but since it's after 1 AM it's actually tomorrow so "today" is yesterday... oh never mind.

After a nice breakfast Shirin, Cyrus, and I decided (it was Cyrus' idea) to take a walk around Cherry Park. It was pretty warm today so the walk felt great.

I'd be all smiles if someone were pushing me around in a stroller too.


Ok, the set up to the first video is that Cyrus had already eaten his sweet potatoes and was experimenting with his first taste of Persian food before I began recording. Since he's eaten pretty simple stuff so far the Persian food was more of a gamble, but he clearly liked it and kept eating it even though he wasn't that hungry any more.


And the clean up:

3 comments:

Saeed said...

Despite the favorable judgment from the various observers in the food-tasting video, Cyrus' countenance after each spoonful clearly tells a contrary story: he clearly has doubts about the strange taste and seems to open his mouth somewhat reflexively. I only hope that he will in fact like Persian food, as it will be an easy way for us grandparents to get into his heart. How else wll we get him to want to go see Baba and Bebe Bozorg?

Tita said...

Mommy,

Thank you for putting these up. I always get so happy when you put new ones up! :) His voice sounds hoarse. Is that from his cough? He is so cute! I'm sad I can't be there too. :(

Ingrid said...

Yes, he's had a cough and a runny nose but he isn't running fever and doesn't behave like he feels sick. Yeah, it's hard to feel like it's Christmas without you here.