Sunday, January 3, 2010

Finally, The Family Christmas

What a great Christmas we had this year!! Everyone came home - Anahita, Shirin, Gabriel, Cyrus AND Anahita's boyfriend Ali, who flew in from California the night of Christmas day. There are lots of pics so I won't make too many comments.
Siroos-joon is here!


Reacquainting with Chappu.


 

 

Reaching for "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer."
 

Rearranging my pantry...  again.
 

Studying the controls of his car.
 

 

Shirin names a body part and Cyrus points it out - "chin!"
 

"Nose!"
 

Khaleh Tita loves to feed her nephew.
 

Mr. Monkey lips
 

I love my Khaleh Tita.
 

Gabriel and Shirin actually get to eat their meal in peace.
 

This is Saeed's version of cooperating with the photographer.
 

Feats of strength during Festivus!
 

Admiring Tita's necklace.
 

This is one of the oldest ornaments from my mother's collection. It's a little dwarf made out of a pinecone and I think it's from Germany or Austria.
 

Saeed and Cyrus got matching shirts:
 

 

 

Gabriel loves "The Onion"; this is a collection of its front pages.
 

 

 

As Tita watched Gabriel & Shirin receive new lunch bags she said, "Ooo, I hope I get one of those."
 

Cyrus loves to be read to, and as you read he gets closer and closer...
 

... till he's leaning hard against you. He is so delicious!
 

Khaleh Tita helps Cyrus put on his new giraffe slippers.
 

Cute wooden Cyrus train from great-aunt Martha.
 

Cyrus helps his mommy with her new slippers from Tita.
 

 

Saeed and I both got new mousepads with family pictures on it.
 

 

The next morning I woke up to find Cyrus and his dad downstairs. I sent Gabriel back up to take a nap and helped Cyrus put Christmas stickers on the glass doors.
 

 

Cyrus learns about stockings.
 


Since none of us feed Cyrus candy, his stocking had his favorite LÄRABAR in it. He loves "bar-bars" so much he had both cheeks full and still took another bite.
 

Oh my. Talk about biting off more than you can chew!
 

Still chewing.
 

 Poor Tita was feeling sick. She went through her stocking lying down.
 

Still chewing!
 

Obi, the most beautiful gift of all.
 

Cyrus loves to watch the "baby" (himself!)
 

 

Cyrus' hand position, along with heavy breathing, is how he represents sleeping - to show that he's a sleeping kitty in the kitty bed.
 

Abusing his mommy by putting a green ball on her head...
 

and riding her around the kitchen.
 

Doing "buh-buh" with Tita.
 

 

Our first dinner with Ali (sorry Tita, your eyes are closed.)
 

Tita and Ali.


We couldn't wait for Ali to get here so we could teach him Settlers of Catan. Notice that while Shirin is explaining the finer points of the game Gabriel is reigning in the wild beast.


Gabriel is pondering his placement.
 

Tita making a game ally.
 

Rolling Cyrus around on the floor like Play-doh.
 

Visiting Obi at the food bowl.
 

Cyrus peels a tangerine.
 

Hee hee hee... Ali doesn't know it but Cyrus has borrowed his shoes.
 

The Persian computer guys. There's a lot going on in Iran right now and the guys were closely monitoring developments.
 

Ali carried Cyrus around successfully for several minutes but his time was up.
 

Ali decided to cook us dinner, so here he and Tita are skinning lima beans.
 

The chef in action.
 

Yum! It was absolutely delicious.
 

Thank you Ali-joon. Come back soon.
 

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Yay, finally! I've been looking forward to these. It was a great holiday visit. Thanks for everything, ya'll! :)
-Shirin

Tita said...

Great pictures mommy! Well documented and thanks for taking the time and hard work to post them and also create captions! You've always been so good about doing that. :-) It was a lot of fun, minus the being sick part. I miss everyone already. :(