The random thoughts & events in the life of an animal-loving, peace-loving vegetarian. I can't promise to write regularly. And I can't promise that it will be interesting when I do.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
My First Earthquake
My first earthquake was very cute and little. I was brushing my teeth and suddenly heard a strange noise. At first I couldn't figure out where it was coming from and then realized our bathroom mirror was clanking against the wall. This mirror is firmly attached and has never made any noises before and I began to wonder, could we be having an earthquake? The quake was so minor that I couldn't feel or see any shaking so I felt calm and wondrous about it like I do a beautiful thunderstorm. I thought, "Huh, this must be an earthquake" with a silly little grin on my face. Cool experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It was only cool because it was so little. Glad you guys are OK.
-Shirin
That, and the fact that I've never been traumatized by one in the past.
Post a Comment