BARRED OWL
The random thoughts & events in the life of an animal-loving, peace-loving vegetarian. I can't promise to write regularly. And I can't promise that it will be interesting when I do.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Great Big Beautiful Owl
I went out my door this morning and disturbed this big beautiful owl. It was down in the leaves, probably about to nab a mouse, when it heard me and flew up to the tree branch. Those big round eyes kept watching me as I spoke to it and eventually walked to my car. I love these brushes with wild animals. After reading Wesley The Owl and watching an owl box of babies for a whole summer I know how unique owls are in their functioning and manner. SO fascinating and SO beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Is he a barred owl? He looks awesome.
-Shirin
Yes. I put "BARRED OWL" below the picture. I think I'll move it to the top - Daddy didn't see the name either. He was so incredibly beautiful!
I forgot to tell you how much I enjoyed this photo. Have you seen him again?
- Your Big Sis
I haven't seen him/her since that day but I have seen barred owls in our backyard before and right now the owls are hooting up a storm, night and day. Must be mating season.
Post a Comment