Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Other Office Cat - Sherbet

You may remember me writing about Moxie, the black/tabby cat I'm feeding behind my office building. Not long ago an orange kitty, one I've seen before but at least a year ago, started showing up too. The kitty (named Sherbet by my coworkers) is an unaltered male that has been in fights. His ear is torn (healed) and he has had a variety of limps that make me think he's been getting new injuries from time to time. I've contacted the TNR folks who will trap him in order to take him to the vet and for now the trap is just sitting empty to allow the kitty to get used to it. At some put they will put food in the trap and see what happens. I'm worried they'll trap Moxie instead of Sherbet, but what can you do? We'll just have to try.

Here is a picture of Sherbet as I was walking to my car after I fed him.

Once I got in the car he must have thought I was no longer reason for concern, and he settled down for a nice nap in the setting sun.

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

I'm glad they will be catching him soon. He needs to be rehomed, even to a barn home, and to get neutered and tested. You should take Moxie home to become your outdoor kitty, though that would probably drive Obi to distraction, so maybe not.
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

And there are too many dogs in our neighborhood. Obviously somehow Moxie has found a way to be safe in the area of the hospital and my office. I would love it if they would take both kitties to the property I believe is now used as a cat sanctuary. I'll have to ask her about it. Moxie comes around more than Sherbet and as I've said before I worry that Moxie will be trapped (first) and not Sherbet.