Sunday, March 18, 2012

Saturday Bike Ride

We don't have the good bike trails here that Martha and Ken have in Illinois, so each time we decide to ride bikes the question is "Where?" Yesterday we checked out Tech Park which lies between York Technical College and the tech businesses in Industrial Park. It's a nice park with a broad walkway and pond for duck lovers, but as a bike path we gave it mixed reviews.

I've realized, and Saeed has said as much, that for him what's important is "getting somewhere." He doesn't like going around in circles no matter how pretty the scenery. For me the issue is my surroundings, so going around in circles (as long as they're big circles) is OK if I'm surrounded by the beauty of nature. So as a bike route Tech Park got a thumbs up from me and I imagine a thumbs down from Saeed.

Mr. Gotta Get Somewhere

This little creek is below the bridge Saeed is on in the above pic. Beautiful.

The Canadian Geese were loud and busy. Must be mating season..

This guy has been watching Big Love.

Some kind of heron.

Turtles were out by the dozens sunning themselves in groups.

Eastern redbud.


I promise, I didn't just take pictures, I rode my bike too. :-)

4 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Keep it up! That's good exercise. :)
-Shirin

Martha said...

Glad to hear you had a good biking experience. We rode today, too. There's a trail between our campground and Gulf Shores. It's along the road, but a thick layer of trees gave us the illusion that we were in the woods and in the shade.

We also streamed "Dirty, Filthy, Love" with the great campground internet last night. Martin Sheen is wonderful in everything I've seen him in. Thanks for recommending it.

- Your Big Sis

Anonymous said...

Every time I look at my wife's blog, it reminds me how artistic she is, with a vibrant and fresh sense of intrigue in life. If the mental circuitry that generates her effervescent perspective on life's lurid colors could be transformed into sound frequencies, might we not hear glorious melodies the like of Mozart's? I can only wish.

Ingrid said...

Thanks hon. :-)