Sunday, January 27, 2013

So Many Books So Little Time


This could be our motto!

Actually most of us show up and have read the book but I thought this was cute. Last month we discussed The Roundhouse by Louise Erdrich and this month (to be discussed Feb. 12) we're reading Behind The Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo. I just finished the latter and thought it was very well written. Both books won the National Book Award for 2012, Roundhouse in fiction and Beautiful Forevers for non-fiction. Last year my book club read a couple of stinkers but both of these were excellent.

A friend and coworker lent me The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. I've started it but worry about finishing it in time to read our March book, Native Speaker by Chang-rae Lee. I've seen a T-shirt that says "Life is Too Short - Read Fast." Too true.




2 comments:

Shirin Modaresi said...

Good. I liked the Casual Vacancy a lot.
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

I'm liking it a lot so far.