Sunday, July 22, 2007

Encore, Encore!

In response to Saeed’s comment on the post from earlier today I am adding a few more of Thich Nhat Hanh’s quotes. I’m not sure that will satisfy this particular customer; I believe he wants a treatice. At another time I may be able to provide a link to a lengthier discourse on peace, but the essay itself won’t be posted here. In the days to come there will be quotes from others, quotes that are familiar and famous, and quotes from people I’ve never heard of before.



* Be aware of the contact between your feet and the Earth. Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet. We have caused a lot of damage to the Earth. Now it is time for us to take good care of her. We bring our peace and calm to the surface of the Earth and share the lesson of love. We walk in that spirit.


*The way we live our daily lives is what most effects the situation of the world. If we can change our daily lives, then we can change our governments and can change the world. Our president and governments are us. They reflect our lifestyle and our way of thinking. The way we hold a cup of tea, pick up the newspaper or even use toilet paper are directly related to peace.


* Words and thoughts concerning compassionate action that are not put into practice are like beautiful flowers that are colorful but have no fragrance.


* Seek peace. When you have peace within, real peace with others will be possible.


* WALKING MEDITATION
Take my hand.
We will walk. We will only walk. We will enjoy our walkwithout thinking of arriving anywhere. Walk peacefully. Walk happily. Our walk is a peace walk. Our walk is a happiness walk. Then we learn that there is no peace walk; that peace is the walk; that there is no happiness walk; that happiness is the walk. We walk for ourselves. We walk for everyone always hand in hand. Walk and touch peace every moment. Walk and touch happiness every moment. Each step brings a fresh breeze. Each step makes a flower bloom under our feet. Kiss the Earth with your feet. Print on Earth your love and happiness. Earth will be safe when we feel in us enough safety.











2 comments:

Saeed said...

Absolutely clear. My questions are answered and I feel intellectually enriched for it. But I now yearn for more of similar passages that seem to have a cleansing effect on the soul.

Gabriel Beal said...

Daddy, maybe you should listen to this guy's CD. He really does make things seem cleaner and clearer. I haven't really listened to my own yet, but I heard Tita's!
-Shirin