Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tropical Downpours

One of the things I like about living in South Carolina is the weather. What I really love are those near daily summer afternoon thunderstorms, as if we’re living in a tropical rainforest in Viet Nam or Brazil. Sunday, after I recovered from the snakeskin incident, we had one of those downpours. Fortunately we have the rain gauge Anahita and Prathap gave us to closely monitor our progress!

Down it comes.

Gardenboy enjoying the rain from a dry spot

Hibiscus closing up... where do bees go when it rains?

Rainbow's bunnies always enjoy a good rain.

Obi wondering why we're out in that mess.

Our trusty rain gauge showing 3.25" of rain (not all from Sunday)




2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Good think you have your nifty rain gauge!
-Shirin
PS I love rain and I must've gotten it from you two nuts. Everyone around me thinks I'm crazy when I get excited about an impending thunderstorm.

Ingrid said...

Yes, and I inherited it from your Grandma.