Sunday, August 5, 2007

My Body, The Tavelogue To Places I've Never Been

On a previous post I showed T-shirts with a message (July 31: My Body, The Bumpersticker.) The shirts on today's post are all from Martha (and Ken) who travel more than anyone I know. What's interesting to me is that they have all these incredible memories from their trip; for me the memories begin when I receive the shirt. People often come up to me to talk about the place on my shirt. I politely say that my sister is the traveler and that I have never actually been there, and they politely don't show disappointment or pity at my Hobbitness. Here they are:

I've actually been here! Where the heck is it? It's the campground where they keep the R.V. during the winter. I "camped" with them there and have fond memories of making S'mores over the campfire.

A cruise I never went on.

Whales in Mexico I never got to see.

A ranch in Telluride I never stayed at.

A Caribbean island I've never been on.

I've been here! When Saeed and I lived in Seattle, WA the first year of our marriage we often went to Pike Place Market on weekends for our hot date. It was cheap, what can I say?

An ocean playground I've never been to.

Dolphins I never saw.

Well, I've never been to Hawaii but that big cat in the center looks like me in my living room on the couch surrounded by our puddies.

Never been to the first point either.

I've studied it, but never been there.

Ken accuses me of never wearing this shirt, because the braids are still in such good shape. He partially right, not because I don't like the shirt but because I'm trying to keep the braids new. (Saeed understands this way of life - keeping things "new" till they fall apart from old age.)

Well, I'm not real sure what is says below the Grand Canary Islands, but I'm pretty sure I haven't played with any canteras!

I'm not surprised Mexico has more colorful turtles than we do.

Never been to Old Brunswick either.

This shirt is obviously from a fantastic trip to Africa. My experience, however, is in keeping the golden fur off of it from all our orange cats. Perhaps someone could be fooled into thinking it's from the lion? Nah, I didn't think so.

1 comment:

Gabriel Beal said...

This post made me sad. Don't you wish you'd been to some of these places? (Playa means Beach, by the way).
I know a lot of your lack of travel had to do with your having me and Tita, but I still feel bad!
Please know that you will be keeping your grandkids one day so I can take exciting trips with my husband.
-Shirin