Brendan, Anahita, and cute little Grandma Ester.

Gene and Rita.

Saeed and I.
Be careful what you ask for Grandma Ester, because not only will you be receiving the recipe but Shirin and Gabriel will be bringing you some of the finished product when they come down for Thanksgiving. These are the ingredients you will need.
You will receive a copy of the recipe on the left - that's the one I follow too! And you will receive a few of the non-American ingredients as well, such as the reshteh (Persian noodles), dried mint, and the kashk, a thick yogurty type substance. Notice the well stained pages. That's a sign of a well-used and, therefore, good cookbook.
The soup should be made in a big pot (pot on right) but you'll need to cook the lentils separately first in a smaller pot (left.) For the other beans I cheat and use canned.
The finished product: Ash-e Reshte
To serve, don't fill your bowl to the top because you are going to add the kashk (white stuff on left) and the topping (right) made from onions sauteed in butter and mint.
Add some kashk to the hot soup...
.... stir to mix...
... sprinkle on the topping.


1 comment:
I think I just drooled on my computer reading this! Hopefully, Mamaw will decide to thaw this out for Thanksgiving, so I can have some when we bring it to her! Nothing like eating the gift you bring to someone else!:)
-Shirin
PS Fun post, Marmy!
Post a Comment