Sunday, December 16, 2007

Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum

Yay - the kids are here and Christmas weekend is about to start! Anahita arrived Friday evening slightly ahead of schedule and Shirin and Gabriel arrived about an hour later. After eating a yummy dinner Saeed cooked, the girls decorated the Christmas tree. The finished product looked better than when I've done it in the past. You know what that means - they are now assigned that task from this day forward. While they decorated, Gabriel set up his own rock band in the livingroom.
The Little Drummer Boy
The instruments are part of an electonic game using the TV which scrolls assigned notes to play and sing karoke style. If you do a bad job it kicks you out of the band!

He recruited this cute chick from California to be his lead singer...

... and this cute pregnant chick to be lead guitar.

Meanwhile, I couldn't find the tree skirt and used a Persian sofreh cloth instead. Obi helped me arrange it so it would look nice.

This is Frosty's new perch. He does everything from here, including monitoring the tree activities. Obi and Chappu are at the bottom, but nobody disturbs the tree or the decorations. Such well-behaved kitties. Calvin was probably hiding in the closet and who knows where Tippy was.

The next morning I was up getting ready to make breakfast when Frosty couldn't get enough of me. After the usual morning love session he persisted in meowing for more attention. The solution of putting him in a bed on the counter worked great! He was happy to be kissed between ingredients.

Well, what Frosty has Obi wants too. Another bed, another cat to kiss.

Finally we were settled and I could make some progress. No wonder it takes me forever to do everything; I have so much help!

Fortunately the late sleepers weren't the wiser. For them breakfast was right on time.

No comments: