Meet Mehrzad, our friendly backdoor lizard. Mehrzad means "offspring of the sun" in Farsi and our Mehrzad loves to sun himself on our deck and railings.
The random thoughts & events in the life of an animal-loving, peace-loving vegetarian. I can't promise to write regularly. And I can't promise that it will be interesting when I do.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Shoveling Leaves
As the Midwest is bracing for a severe winter storm (sorry Martha) and at least one airplane has slid off the runway at O'Hare due to ice, our biggest problem is the blizzard of leaves that need to be removed from all outdoor surfaces. It's been a gorgeous fall. The leaves were colorful despite the drought and the temps have been comfy (60's). The leaves are still coming down in a steady stream, but soon they will be finished and the leaf blower will be put into action (right Saeed?)





Meet Mehrzad, our friendly backdoor lizard. Mehrzad means "offspring of the sun" in Farsi and our Mehrzad loves to sun himself on our deck and railings.
Meet Mehrzad, our friendly backdoor lizard. Mehrzad means "offspring of the sun" in Farsi and our Mehrzad loves to sun himself on our deck and railings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ah yes. We've been home two weeks and we're ready to leave again. We felt lucky that our power lines did not break with the weight of the ice as they did north of us. Temps around 50ยบ melted everything again, but we're plunging back well below freezing again tonight. Although not all the leaves have fallen around here yet, I guess it's easier to get in the Christmas mood when the leaves are covered with ice and snow.
- M
Yay! A Christmas tree! I can't wait!
-Shirin
Are you gonna wait for us to decorate?
Yes, a real Christmas tree. My experience has been that ya'll are good at decorating for a while and then something comes up and I lose my helpers. Perhaps we need to get a union contract drawn up here!
Post a Comment