The random thoughts & events in the life of an animal-loving, peace-loving vegetarian.
I can't promise to write regularly. And I can't promise that it will be interesting when I do.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Guess What It Is -
I think it's probably pretty obvious... but maybe not?
Well, it sure looks like the outside of a jicama root (Mexican veggie) but I actually think it's the top of a large mushroom cap growing outside in your yard. -Shirin
You have to give some clues about this thing or else it would be pretty impossible to guess what it is. You need to help me narrow the possibilities by pointing out the general class of things it belongs to: It may be something nasty, it may be edible, a natural formation, or fabric of sorts.
I have two guesses: 1). the froth on top of coffee (but you never get frothed milk so I don't think it's that 2). the top of an angel food cake...the mushroom cap was actually a good guess too, Beth.
After checking Gabriel's recommended llnk, I am now even more sure that it is not a mushroom and definitely not a Gbriel's beloved mycophile. It is possible that ya'll are half correct, I believe, it is some kind of fungi, but not mushroom; perhaps the regular old mold on a piece of garbage.
I am really putting my neck out to be chopped, with all these definite-sounding characterizations!
14 comments:
a very pretty mushroom cap?
Well, it sure looks like the outside of a jicama root (Mexican veggie) but I actually think it's the top of a large mushroom cap growing outside in your yard.
-Shirin
You have to give some clues about this thing or else it would be pretty impossible to guess what it is. You need to help me narrow the possibilities by pointing out the general class of things it belongs to: It may be something nasty, it may be edible, a natural formation, or fabric of sorts.
Sorry - no clues! Shirin and Beth both guessed without the benefit of clues. C'mon Saeed, guess.
I have two guesses: 1). the froth on top of coffee (but you never get frothed milk so I don't think it's that 2). the top of an angel food cake...the mushroom cap was actually a good guess too, Beth.
Before I looked at the comments, I said to Shirin, "That's easy, it's a mushroom." As a mycophile, I spotted my beloved right away.
-Gabriel
I still cannot tell you what it is, but I dare say what it is not: it is not a mushroom.
Daddy, I'm about 88% sure that it's a mushroom. There's that 12% that it might be something else, but I wouldn't bet on it.
-Shirin
Please check out this link:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/462398574_5d98899d13.jpg?v=0
That is a confirmed mushroom cap sighting.
-Gabriel
After checking Gabriel's recommended llnk, I am now even more sure that it is not a mushroom and definitely not a Gbriel's beloved mycophile. It is possible that ya'll are half correct, I believe, it is some kind of fungi, but not mushroom; perhaps the regular old mold on a piece of garbage.
I am really putting my neck out to be chopped, with all these definite-sounding characterizations!
Saeed, you may have fooled the others, but I know that you know it's a mushroom.
What a great debate!! reminds me of old times! Love all of you
Ellen
It's obviously the image of Mother Theresa.
I am making a holy prigrimage to Rock Hill, South Carolina.
Larry
Yay! Ya'll come on down! I'll grow a mushroom that looks like Mother Theresa if it lures you guys down here.
Post a Comment