I don't know how it is where you live, but here and in nearby Charlotte the stations have run out of gas. Last week I gassed up the truck and noticed that all the pumps had only regular, no super or super duper gas. When I went to work this morning the station on the corner had so many cars in line that they were blocking traffic. When I drove home this evening the station was totally out of gas. One of my coworkers said her dad bought gas in Charlotte for just over $7 per gallon. It's all my coworkers could talk about today. I felt like I was watching the growth of hysteria in slow motion. By the end of the day people were leaving work early to find gas.I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I don't feel the terror that others obviously feel. I'll either have gas or I won't. If I don't have gas I'll either walk to work, get a ride from someone who has gas, or will stay home. I suppose others have more potential negative consequences than I do and truly suffer, but right now I have half a tank of gas in my car and peace of mind.
The news reports that we'll have more gas this weekend... I hope so.
3 comments:
It's pretty crazy. People here are freaking out about it too, and my in-laws arrived today saying they had a hard time finding any gas around the ATL area as they drove up from FL. I hope they can get enough to make it back home!
Oddly enough, I'm not worried either. It seems a little scary when everyone around us is freaked out, but it hasn't affected me at all, so far. I actually didn't even know about the fact that there were supposed to be shortages OR that people were draining the gas pumps til way after it had all happened.
I guess it would matter to me more if I were traveling or not near my home.
-Shirin
I was wondering how this was affecting you. It's good that the new commuting responsibilities haven't started yet for you. Here in New England we're seeing the cheapest gas in we can't remember how long. Crazy.
Your Big Sis
I just found out I start commuting with Dr. Revell on November 3rd. Our gas should be well stocked by then... till the next hurricane.
Post a Comment