Wednesday, February 11, 2009

BMI

At work we're transitioning over to electronic medical records. One of the new features is going to be an automatic BMI calculator (BMI=body mass index.) It made me remember the days we had to calculate it the hard way, sans computer. If you're interested, here's an easy gizmo to calculate your BMI and a chart to visualize where you fall. With the increasingly warm spring-like weather it may be easier to inch that number down a bit!

In case it's difficult to read, purple is good, teal is bad!

3 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

This chart is generous b/c I am listed in the high end of the Healthy Weight, but I still think I should be in the overweight category.
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

Yeah I thought it was a bit generous too, but I didn't want to admit it. It is, however, what is used in the medical community. Perhaps it allows for some wiggle room to accommodate those with larger frames.

Anonymous said...

Geez Louise, I would have liked it better if you said it was NOT generous. I think I will have the BMI with a larger frame AND I am also going add a couple of inches to my heighth. LOL