TV: This sounds pretty easy, but it may turn out to be harder than I think. Although rarely do I watch more than an hour of TV a day, there may be times when I would want to. Does this mean that if we want to watch a two hour video on the weekend that we have to reduce our watch-time during the week? Does the computer count? Does a computer use the same amount of energy as the TV? I suppose till I learn the facts I need to just be sure the TV's not on more than an hour a day.
Thermostat:
I was cleaning the house last Saturday and snapped this pic of our upstairs thermostat. Actually it got up to 85 degrees, but I was too hot and sweaty to run around to find the camera to document it!
We have always set our summer limit to 85 degrees, knowing that medications and other substances begin to degrade above that point. And 85 is only tolerable (for we humans) if it's not humid, the windows are open and a nice breeze is wafting in. I don't think setting our new limit to 87 degrees is possible; it goes without saying that I want our medications to stay effective. Refrigerating them is not an option because fridge temps are too cold for most medications. I think 85 is the hottest we can tolerate with a breeze. No breeze? Humid? Probably 80 degrees... I'll let you know!I think in winter we could lower our thermostat two degrees. In recent winters we set our thermostat at 68 degrees and although that feels pretty cold I know the recommendation is 65 degrees. Brrrr. I guess in about six months I'll need to dig into the back of my closet to find my old sweatshirts, and surround myself with a couple of warm furry kitties.
This one's going to be hard at times.
No comments:
Post a Comment