Sunday, May 31, 2009

Working Mother

It's really hard to be a working mom. I've watched Shirin over the past week try to be everything to everybody - good daughter to us, good mommy to Cyrus, good wife to Gabriel, good sister to Tita, and all the while working hard all day learning complicated medical procedures at the clinic. It exhausts me to think how she keeps it all together. I've backed off taking care of Cyrus this weekend so that she and Gabriel (and Tita!) can get their Cyrus-fix before they all go back to their busy lives. And frankly, I needed the rest, but for Shirin? No rest.

Playing ball with Cyrus.


Saeed and I waited for Shirin to come home from work one day last week and it began to rain, but we're nature lovers and stayed right there in the rain.

Shirin enjoys a soft yummy cheek.

Cyrus was so happy to see her.


I messed up my video setting again last week, so this next video is pixelated (argh!) but now I know exactly what the problem is and can try to avoid it.


And this is what Cyrus was doing last week while Shirin was at work:




Notice the nice pats Cyrus gives his Grandpa:

No comments: