Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday Weekend

Even though every day in Cyrus' house is full of love and attention, I think he knew his birthday was something a bit more special. Perhaps it was the big red wagon full of toys, or perhaps it was his mommy's homemade birthday cake, but he was one happy kid last weekend!!

Cyrus goes straight for the loot.

The happy one year old.

"And now, for my next trick,
I will suspend this orange ball in the air..."

Shirin made the most delicious carrot cake so that Cyrus could have a healthy birthday cake. Who cares about the fact that it was healthy; it was delicious!

Cyrus is admiring his cake,
but does he realize how beautiful his mommy is?

The wonder of it all shows on Cyrus' face.

It may be his first birthday but he knows exactly what to do with this piece of cake...

... yummmm.

Opening Pap Pap's gift.

I wish I'd videotaped Cyrus walking around with these new shoes on. He could clearly feel the difference between these nice soft moccasin-type shoes and regular shoes. He kept looking down at his feet while walking around in them.

Some new clothes too (not too exciting.)

Cyrus tries to decide if Grandma's phone tastes like his mom's and dad's. Yuk. Notice the two skinned knees. I told Shirin and Gabriel that now that Cyrus is walking around and getting into scrapes they need to be sure they know how to get to the E.R.

Whatever mommy's eating, I want it.

I love this picture.
"Pick me up!"

Cyrus' new red wagon has built-in seats and seat belts.

Here he sits like Cyrus The Great.

As part of Brendan's workout plan for Gabriel is the requirement to pick up something heavy every day. Brendan is happy to help in any way he can.

There are videos, but I seem to have had the setting messed up; they look very pixelated. When I have more time I'll look at them again to see if they're worth putting up for viewing. Darn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That red wagon reminds me of the time I took you for a ride in your red wagon and knocked one of your front teeth out. I stopped suddenly and you pitched forward and the tooth was history. I was far more traumatized that you were!

- Your Big Sis

Ingrid said...

That's alright, I forgive you. I guess that's why the wagons in 2009 are made of plastic (although still hard enough to knock out a tooth) and have seat belts.

Gabriel Beal said...

I love the "pick me up" picture too. It's nice to be someone's mommy so that I can make them happy by picking them up! :)
-Shirin