Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Biggest Surprise EVER!

Since my video of Shirin coming home from work the other day was of poor quality, Shirin called on Friday to say she was on her way home and could we please meet her outside to get "take 2" with the correct setting. Dutifully I went out with my camera and when Shirin got out of the car she said, "I have a surprise for Cyrus in the back seat - guess what it is!" I suggested a puppy since she had just come (supposedly) from the clinic, but to my amazement Anahita came out of the back seat. I was truly speechless. The only other time in my life I was that speechless was when I had my ultrasound and was told I would be having twins. Well, the twins were together again and we were all together like old times with the excellent addition of Gabriel and Cyrus.

Video of Tita's arrival:


Can you see how flummoxed Saeed is?


One of the girls' favorite things to do when Tita comes home is to look at the photo albums of when they were babies. Tita couldn't get over the similarities of the facial expressions of Shirin (as a one year old) and Cyrus.

Of course we taught Tita "The Settlers of Catan."

Although Cyrus was shy of Tita at first it wasn't long before they were playing like old chums.

Tita is amazed as Cyrus hollers in glee!

At Shirin's excellent suggestion we took a picnic lunch to Winthrop Lake. Cyrus was so cute as he went from person to person to get a morsel of their Gardenburger... Saeed...

...Tita...

... Gabriel...

... Shirin ...

...and me, but I didn't take my own picture. This picture of Gabriel and Cyrus is one of my favorites of them together.

An exhausted Shirin tries to grab a nap, to no avail:


Saeed teaches Cyrus some Persian wrestling techniques:


That night Tita cooked us a delicious exotic meal that she had made up and cooked once before. It was so delicious. I happily ate some of the leftovers tonight for dinner. I'd tell you what's in it but it's her secret!!

Here she is serving it up for us:


Shirin lovin' her dinner.

Here I'm getting some advise on how to eat it.

Gabriel, who has lived in Japan, ate it the way Asians eat long sloppy noodles - get right up next to the bowl!

My interview with Saeed on how he liked it:


We were having such a good time and laughing a lot at the table. This brought on a series of imitation-laughing from Cyrus which just made us laugh more:


It's a bit early but a Father's Day present is always nice to get. Anahita made and framed an 8 x 10 of one of her favorite pictures of her and Shirin as one year olds...

... and there's nothing a Dad likes more than pictures of his little girls.

How can I express how heartwarming it was for us to have everybody home together again. I know Shirin has been campaigning for Tita to move back since she left! We so hope she'll move her life back to the Atlanta area so we can hang out like this more often.

2 comments:

Tita said...

It was such an amazing time. I loved it. :) And what cute videos!!

ellen said...

I loved this post. I felt like I was there. I can't believe how much Cyrus has grown and changed in just a year. Of course I vote for Tita to come home too.

Love all of you
Ellen