Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Couple Of Funny Pics

My personal frustration with people 'driving while talking' hasn't been all that bad. People have always multi-tasked (not that that's a good thing to do) while driving - eating, putting on make up, beating their kids in the back seat, etc.
What really exasperates me is people in stores who are so involved in their phone conversation while I'm trying to shop that they can block the whole aisle and not even be aware that someone is trying to get passed them. Old people who are slow and unaware I have patience with. Younger folk strolling at a snail's pace while yakking on the cell while I'm trying to make it back to the office in time --- grrrrr. So I'd like each store to put up this sign and hire little hall monitors to punch a hole in a person's ticket if they're caught blocking an aisle while on the phone; each hole represents a $10 fine at check out. Proceeds go to PeTA. More than 10 punches per month result in community service, more than 10 punches per week... jail time :-)

~

My friend Holly sent me this picture. These little guys (and gals?) are protesters at a global warming rally. Very clever. Someone took a lot of time to create all these little activists; I particularly like the little angry guy in the front with the blob (is that a winter hat?) on his head. I feel sure many of those little snow people would be my friend if I were a little snow person.

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

You like angry little people? :)
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

If they're cute and have little knobs on their heads - yes.