Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tomato Update

If you're tired of hearing about my tomatoes then at least go to the bottom photograph to appreciate the cute little black bug. Early on only the grape tomatoes were ripening (and yum, are they good) but now the larger "Stupice" tomatoes are ready to eat as well.

Remember, this heirloom tomato from Czechoslovakia is pronounced "stew-peach-ka" not "stoop-is"! They are actually quite small for regular tomatoes. The tag did mention that they are small but I envisioned something bigger than this. I'm not complaining as long as they taste good.

~a cluster of grape tomatoes with two ready for eating~

Obviously it had rained.

Here's my little cute black bug.

It looks like he is wearing a raindrop on his right antenna, but I think the drop is probably clinging to the hibiscus petal. Can you imagine trying to walk between two big piles of water as tall as you are?

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Nice. I'm not tired of hearing about your tomatoes. I wish I could grow some, but I can barely water my basil these days.
Like the mountain header too.
-Shirin

Anonymous said...

I threw some plants including tomatoes, into the ground before we left. Wonder what we will find when we get home. It's probably be early to be eating tomatoes ground in IL. But that corn on the cob will make the long drive home worth it.

- Your Big Sis