The portico this morning.
Backyard.
Cute little birdie footprints.
After snapping this picture of the bird feeder plate totally covered with snow I stopped and filled the bird feeders. I could feel and hear the birds' frantic movements as they were all trying to find food.
Then I went to the front yard and filled those feeders too, but first I had to take this picture of our front sidewalk. A winter wonderland.
Sparrow.
Funny how the snow falls on each surface according to shape.
Cyrus' summer wagon is belly up and covered.
Ice in the street.
Our neighborhood.
We parked our cars at the bottom of our yard to avoid our steep driveway.
Another interesting pattern of snow on our neighbor's van. I would love to understand the physics behind this.
Dogwood tree branches: brown underneath, white on top.
These footprints belong to Maggie. I saw her out with her owner earlier... no yellow snow is visible - good Maggie!
Cute little hoofie prints.
Sweet gum tree cones wearing little white caps of snow.
Cat and bird prints, hopefully not made at the same time. I didn't see any clumps of bird feathers so I don't think this is the scene of a crime.
I noticed the robins being particularly attracted to this patch of melted snow on the street. I couldn't figure out if they were finding food there or just drinking the water; it looked like they were drinking. Don't animals know they can 'eat' snow in order to get water?
Rabbit prints.
Saeed's favorite bird (mourning dove) took advantage of the cleaned off, seed-laden plate.
Notice the snow whirling around in the background. The wind was blowing it off the trees but it felt like it was snowing again.
Mourning dove and tufted titmouse.
Female cardinal.
Chickadee.
Snow swirls off the trees.
Back inside I find Banu looking out the dining room window.
Banu's view through the window lets her see into the bushes where birds take refuge. They are unaware that she is looking at them from inside the house.
In our bed room she does the same thing, only it's a cedar tree the birds hang out in.
When the birds sit on the edge of the roof gutter their tails hang down and move around. Such good kitty TV!
Lazy Lupe just finds a nice patch of sun in which to take a bath prior to her nap.
Layli stretching awake...
... and trying to look cute.
Cat silouette.
Last night:
This morning:
A winter zen moment:







































3 comments:
You've got some lovely photos here. I especially like the red berries. It's much easier to appreciate the snow when it doesn't last for five months.
- Your Big Sis
Very beautiful...nice to be surrounded by nature and cats. :)
-Shirin
So beautiful. I wish I could have been there to fully enjoy it.
Post a Comment