Monday, July 26, 2010

Big Talk

For all my big talk about working on the house and starting to paint the living room I just couldn't do it yesterday. We worked on the house non-stop all last weekend and then after a week at work I just couldn't make myself do it and went on strike. Fortunately I am married to someone who understands that feeling and didn't press. In fact I couldn't make myself do anything; I petted kitties, went back and read old emails that I kept skipping because I didn't have time to read them when they arrived, organized and alphabetized my books, found a great yoga website, and so on. I didn't exercise, I didn't do laundry, I didn't buy the baby shower gift I'll need for tomorrow, didn't prepare any food, and I didn't paint. I'll pay for some of those didn'ts this week but that's the way it goes. As one of the lines in my email signature says, I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. Ain't that the truth.

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Sometimes you just need a break. I'm glad you took it. Did Daddy tell you that we might come visit next weekend? Is that bad timing? I'd hate to interfere with your renovating progress. We're not sure we're definitely coming...just thinking about it.
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

I would love for you to come home, but don't push yourselves. It's not bad timing for me; the walls will be there the following weekend as well.