The random thoughts & events in the life of an animal-loving, peace-loving vegetarian. I can't promise to write regularly. And I can't promise that it will be interesting when I do.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Saving Lives
Although I was part of the crew that performed emergency aid on a patient in the office yesterday who passed out and hit the floor (I was able to break her fall) and seized several times during a serious asthma attack, I am actually saving a lot more turtles than people this summer. We have a bumper crop of cute box turtles with bright orange eyes in our neighborhood and they all seem to want to cross the street. Why? And don't say to get to the other side, although assuredly that's what they're doing since there's a creek at the edge of our subdivision. I saved a fourth turtle today who was just chillin' in the middle of busy Twin Lakes Road. Crazy little ectotherms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The lady and the turtles are lucky to have you.
-Shirin
Post a Comment