Sunday, July 25, 2010

Blinded By Humidity

It's been an unusually hot summer for us. Our near daily afternoon storms keep the humidity high and make me feel like I live in the tropics. Strangely, I love it. If you wear glasses, however, and leave an air conditioned car or house the change can be so drastic that your lenses will fog up and leave you blind.

How humid is it? It's so humid I saw a squirrel blowing on his nuts to keep them dry and cool. Love those southern expressions.

3 comments:

Martha said...

We're wondering why we came south to Louisville to park the motor home in an asphalt parking lot when it's at least 10ยบ cooler at home - although they had 7 inches of rain yesterday. Hope the sump kept pumping.
- Your Big Sis

Ingrid said...

Yeah that asphalt is something. Yesterday when I was taking my walk at 8:45 in the morning I was trying to limit my walk to areas of the street that were covered by shade. This made a strange and irregular path; my neighbors probably wonder if I have a drinking problem or something. Despite my efforts I came back in drenched in sweat. Oh well, they say sweating is good for us, cleans out the toxins. I should be whistle clean.

Gabriel Beal said...

We're sweltering and NOT getting much rain. Ugh...
-Shirin