Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Our Retirement Plans

Most people talk about traveling when they retire, but Saeed and I want to buy some property so we can create an animal sanctuary of some sort, small scale of course. It may turn out to be just a dream, but sometimes people actually make their dreams some true. Imagine if we had our personal vet nearby...

So when I bumped into this video I thought... that could be us! The lady lives in a nice warm area of the country that never gets these 20 degree days we keep getting, so I don't think we could exactly replicate what she's doing, but it shows that it's possible to make a life according to your heart's desire. Add a few goats, a donkey, a few egg-laying hens (separate from the kitties!), and you have Sanctuary Modaresi. :-)

3 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

It reminds me a little bit of Best Friends Animal Society. Awesome.
-Shirin

Tita said...

Do it! Life is too short not to follow your dream. :)

Ingrid said...

First we need to read those books you got us about how to care for chickens and goats!