Monday, July 18, 2011

Bird Hit The Window

No pic today, just a comment that we did the right thing (which was nothing) and it was the right thing to do.

As we were sitting on the deck a bird flew into our back door window with a big thud and fluttered down. For animals lovers such as ourselves this is fairly traumatic... we killed an animal with our house. I went to check on the poor victim of our aggressive back door's action and it was lying askew in the bush under our kitchen window still breathing. Saeed said, "What should WE DO?" "Nothing" I said. He looked at me as if I truly did have the DNA of Hitler in me but I'd read that often they just stun themselves and when recovered fly away.

Happily this is exactly what happened, but previous victims haven't been so lucky. I've ordered some window decals for our windows with the most violent tendencies, to minimize their ability to lure in our favorite little back yard pets.

2 comments:

Tita said...

This is a cute story mommy. I like the way that you accuse the house and window of attacking your birds. :)

Ingrid said...

:-)