Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'm In Survival Mode (Again)

Monday evening the Yousefians invited us over for dinner to see Saba, Neda, and Neda's German boyfriend Fredrick, before they all scattered to their respective locations. (Sorry, no pictures.) Saba is leaving next week for a three-year residency program in Pennsylvania in her path towards an MD degree and Neda & Fredrick have already returned to UC Davis where they are earning their Masters in ?sustainable agriculture? They have proposed a project in Cambodia and are waiting to hear if it's approved, so that may be where they head next.

Saeed and I wouldn't have missed this gathering for anything. The Yousefians are like family and Neda and Saba go way back with our girls. We feel so proud (not that we had anything to do with it) that Neda and Saba are such awesome people and are developing into such accomplished women. I really liked Fredrick too.

Unfortunately I paid the price of seeing them by getting to bed late on Monday night and getting up at 4 am to work with a doctor in Ballantyne on Tuesday - maybe five hours of sleep. And the work on Tuesday was taxing - 10 stressful hours straight without so much as a five minute break to eat lunch. Needless to say I was a zombie when I got home. Fortunately I'm married to someone who has retired from one job and hasn't started the next one, so he's picked up my slack.

So if I was supposed to do something for anyone out there in blog land, I'm sorry, I probably forgot! I'm eating my lunch right now at Earth Fare and am starting to feel human again. I need to be 100% by this weekend since we're going to Athens to celebrate someone's 4th birthday! (and kiss a little broken hoofie)


2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Get some rest! You won't get it here.
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

Ha ha! You got that right, but I have a smile on my tired face that next Monday.