Sunday, July 29, 2012

Goodbye Psych Department

It's hard to believe that Saeed has actually left his teaching job; I thought he'd never want to leave his university office but the endless possibilities of what he could do instead won him over. Adjusting to being more of a full time clinical psychologist will probably take time, but in the meanwhile he had to move out of his beloved #126!

The hallway leading to the psych department.

Each faculty member has their bio up on the board.

His bio.

The hallway in front of his office. He was giving away all those books.

Deciding what gets pitched and what goes home. Behind him is a poster of Picasso's Guernica, the epitome of human suffering, an interesting choice for a psychologist, no?

A more encouraging poster.

An inspiring poster.

It's nice to know the family is right up there with Ali and Einstein.

And a few little knick knacks given to him by two cute little girls sat on his shelves.

I'm sure he has mixed feelings but the way I see it, a page has turned and a new era has started. Now if we could just pry those office keys out of his hand!  :-)

4 comments:

Tita said...

Thanks for documenting this marmy. :)

Gabriel Beal said...

I have mixed feelings seeing this post. I grew up in that department and hallway, spending countless hours after school and before piano/swimming during my childhood. I'm glad Daddy is finally moving on, though, and I'm glad he's still working. It'll keep him young!
-Shirin

Anonymous said...

I anm so incredibly surprised at seeing this post, but almost tearfully delighted that you made it possible. I absolutely loved my office, everyone of those photos meant so much to me. They inspired me, grounded me, excited me, made me feel terrific, and I much time, often when stressed out by the events of my work, looking at them to gain appreciation of my connectedness with the things most important to me and a greater sense of centeredness and self- control. The animal and nature pictures on my office door, Guernica, Ali, Einstein, my best old friends. And the hallways through which, as Shirin mentioned, I walked through holding the little hands of my two daughters every day for a good portion of my life. I just do not know how to thank you, Ingrid, for giving me the most precious gift I can think of. I am sure I will go back and look them again and again always with a mixture of both joy and a little sorrow filling my heart. Winthrop and my office have been such a great part of my life, now I realize, I can never not love my Winthrop experience. Thank you.

Ingrid said...

You are very welcome. I need to go back and get a snap of your building.