Sunday, October 14, 2012

Football

Saeed and I are again betting on football games, some college but mostly NFL. I choose teams for their locations and/or mascots while he, for the most part, chooses teams in order to win. Maybe that's why I'm behind in the totals right now! Even though my two main teams - Chicago Bears and Carolina Panthers - are having a bye week we've placed bets on about six games today. While watching I plan to fold laundry and maybe finally iron my new lab coat which has been laundered but waiting three months for a quick pressing before I wear it for the first time.

Our downstairs companions don't get quite as excited about football as we do but they do seems to enjoy sleeping near us as we hoot and holler.

When she's awake Tippy pulls for the Bengal Tigers even though she thinks their orange stripes are substandard. She claims that black stripes are best.

Chappu tends to pull for the Jaguars. With their record I'd hide my head too.

And a few feet behind us sleeps Frosty Paws, who of course pulls for the Lions. He relates to the offensive linemen the best. Tackle if you can, otherwise just sit on them.

Tippy used to pull for the Panthers of course, so I plan to root for them twice as hard.

3 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Gabriel and David are betting too. I'm root for whoever I feel like!
-Shirin

Anonymous said...

Clever juxtaposing of our cats with NFL teams. But, Frosty as an OFFENSIVE tackle? A brand new position in football. Well, she is only a cat.
Saeed

Ingrid said...

I meant offensive lineman. I was considering several positions at the time and probably still don't have a perfect understanding of what each of them are. Who's the biggest? That's the position Frosty would play!