Saturday, September 28, 2013

Back Yard Changes

My yard boy has been working steadily on our yard for years. I had to go back to find a few pics of the back yard jungle so the difference could be appreciated.

First you must admire the lamp post he put up. I was complaining that coming home at night the sidewalk to the back door was too dark, leading to possible falls or snake surprises. Saeed did a nice job of installing this with an electric outlet box at the base.

He also wrote in his name (Baba) and Cyrus' name in the cement. Sorry Kai, you weren't born yet. Next time Baba has a cement project your name will be written in.

A series of shots of the back yard...

...

...

... and our then neighbor's dog walking on the stone "path".

After much planning the project began in the summer of 2012. The underbrush was removed...

... and the land was flattened and sloped more evenly.

The edges were carefully placed...

... and the cement carefully poured.

Ta da!!!

Shortly after the concrete dried we had some little visitors:


The next step was to cover all the areas with black landscaping material to prevent overgrowth once again. This is the Amazon after all.

Looks like someone's back hurts. :- (


I don't have a picture of the back yard once the chips were down but in March I video taped some snow falling and you can see the finished product with the two different colored wood chips.

And this is how it looks today. The black borders still need to be finished and the leaves need to be blown but it's nice. Very nice, yard boy.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a pleasure to see this post capturing the changes in our backyard. How about the front yard, the changes there are far more dramatic. Well?!

Gabriel Beal said...

So beautiful! I'm proud of his hard work. :)
-Shirin