Tuesday, January 20, 2015

First Visit To The Newlyweds

We went to Charleston this weekend to spend some time with the newlyweds. We had a GREAT time.
They're a little bit happy.

The weather was really nice and it would've been a shame to stay inside so they took us on a tour of the College of Charleston, where Tita and Daniel's dad works. You get a real sense of history when looking at the buildings, I guess this is why:

Our tour guides and tour dog. (click on pictures to enlarge)

This beautiful building is where some of Tita's meetings are.

Legend has it, that some of the doors were made intentionally narrow to keep out the women. Back in the day, women's wide hooped skirts would never have allowed them to pass through.

Tita's office. She needs to hang some pictures on the wall!

This Jewish Studies Center is Daniel's dad's labor of love. When he retires this will be his legacy. Behind this building will be the vegetarian/vegan cafeteria, super convenient for the Jewish students trying to stay kosher. Also super convenient for the vegans and vegetarians on campus. :-)

This is the plaque they're reading in the pic above.

And across the street? An Episcopal church. Let freedom (of religion) ring.

This is a typical C of Charleston courtyard. It's a very attractive campus.

Then Daniel asked, "Do you want to see a tree?" Sure! I had no idea what was up.

WOW. The Angel Oak Tree was truly unbelievable. 
(don't forget to click on the picture to see it enlarged)

I felt like I was in Rivendell.

Tita touches the old tree, said to be 400 to 500 years old. 

Happy tourists. I want to go back here again.

The weekend was full of good food, good times, and a really nice visit with Daniel's family on Sunday for brunch with the bunch!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to express my feelings about each of the pictures in your lengthy, photo-rich blog but can't in this story within story format. Each picture makes a meaningful statement worthy to remember, each has significant features worthy of comments. So, I just tell you that this post gives a fine tour of a very interesting weekend in a very interesting city, in a very interesting and artistic way. Saeed

Ingrid said...

Awwww thanks.