Friday, January 2, 2015

Our Dinner At Fern

In my previous post I mentioned winning a dinner for two at Fern, a vegetarian restaurant in Charlotte. I always get silly happy when I know I'm about to enter an establishment in which anything I order will be safe from meat and has vegan options labeled. It's even better when the meal is free (especially to my better half.)

Fern is located in a part of Charlotte that has other veggie friendly, artsy, specialized businesses. The front leaves little space for anything other than parking, but they've managed to squeeze in a little vegetable patch that produces fresh yummies from Mother Nature for our meals.

The wall has an artistic hanging of fabric with cleverly tucked live ferns growing in separate pockets. This is a very cute idea but somewhat neglected looking. We arrived early and the only other customer was this family of four. I wondered if they were vegetarian or just veggie-friendly foodies?

Makes me silly happy.

 While we waited for our appetizer I admired the "ferny" silverware.

 We started with the bruschetta. I don't know what they did to make it taste so good but it tasted sooo good. 

 I got the smoked barley risotto and...


...Saeed got the crispy tofu pad Thai. I wished I'd gotten this once I saw it, not that mine was bad... it was just heavier.

I hope I don't have to wait for and win another raffle to come back here. I liked it a lot!!

No comments: