Sunday, August 19, 2007

Aaaargh! Don't Drink That Water!

My old buddy Kim once gave me a coffee mug that said, "Another cup for my cat to drink out of when I'm not looking." In fact she named her cat "Jose" after her (then) new kitten was found to be dipping his paw to the bottom of her Jose Cuervo and licking the tequila off his paw.
As teetotallers we are still not off the hook. Observe the dippers at work. Advise: never set your glass down and walk away.

Banu:

Lupe:


Perhaps the problem in drinking out of the designated water bowl is that we have swimming mousies and swimming rubberbands at our house. I'm not sure how I feel about the kitties sullying their own drinking water and then seeking out mine.


This used to be a floating candle; Shirin made it for me last Christmas. I tried to float a candle in it but it kept getting in Obi's way.

And here's Gabriel's Christmas present to us two Christmases ago. It serves its pupose well as a drinking fountain, but apparently it's also just fun to watch. Frosty:

Tippy:

Calvin:

2 comments:

Shirin Modaresi said...

Every cat I know loves water that isn't theirs...must be inherited!
-Shirin

Anonymous said...

This photo journal must have been made before your shin met with concrete. I can't see you hopping all over the house snapping pictures as it is now.

These are just great! I really enjoyed it.