Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Best Salsa Ever

Saturday evening we went to an off-broadway show in Chicago called "Forbidden Broadway." It was written by a guy (can't remember his name) who has written many known Broadway shows, but this show pokes fun at all the others. I've never seen actors change costumes so fast so many times. The four actors were very talented and it got lots of laughs.

After the show we ate at a restaurant called "Uncle Julio's Hacienda" on North Ave. in Chicago. Talk about atmosphere and great food!

Pictures never do justice to what you see when you're there. This restaurant is decorated in what looks to me to be authentic Mexican design. Those of you who've been to Mexico can correct me if I'm wrong.

The salsa here is the best I've ever had anywhere. I decided I didn't care if I got full on it because I couldn't imagine my entree tasting better than that. Couldn't even stop eating for a photograph.

The tortillas were made right there, so when they arrived with the meal they were fresh and hot. The Mexican man making these ran away when I told him I wanted to take a picture. At the time I figured he was just shy, but in retrospect I think he may have been illegal and didn't want his picture taken for that reason. Who knows. He disappeared very quickly.

The bar was inside these arches; the tortilla machine is in the right arch.

Poor Minnie. She can't clean herself quite as well as she used to so Martha has to do come serious brushing to remove the clumps of fur that matt up.

Cinnamon lets her do it but boy does she complain about it.

She looks relaxed, but she's cussing Martha out big time!

This is the last of the pictures from Illinois. I had a great time.

1 comment:

Gabriel Beal said...

What a good mommy!
-Shirin