The random thoughts & events in the life of an animal-loving, peace-loving vegetarian.
I can't promise to write regularly. And I can't promise that it will be interesting when I do.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Quiz: Guess Who?
There may be more than one picture per cat, there may not be an equal number of pictures per cat, and spelling counts!
This is the most intriguing and clever post I have seen. It definitely is not going to be easy solving the puzzle of whom each picture belongs to, even for me who lives with them. I will be working on them.
You got 100% A+ on your identification and a B on spelling. :-) See the following:
>Chappu has two "p"s so it has the soft "a" sound as in "chapped skin" >ObusObus in answer 4 you spelled ObubObus (teehee) >Shahbanu in answer 9 you spelled Shahbabu (teeheehee) >You spelled Teddie for #3 and Teddy for # 11 >Layli's name on her vet records is Layli, not Leyli. This is not really an error per se, especially since it's a Persian name and you are the full-blooded Persian in the family, so no points off for that.
Sorry, girl. Pic #1 is Calvin. Your spelling is better than Daddy's, except you both misspelled Chappu. Daddy would also argue that Banu is actually Shahbanu, but then using that logic ObusObus would also be wrong and only Obiwankinobi (sp?) would be correct and Frosty would have to be Frosty Paws.
SO... you get an A- overall. Too bad your parisitology quizzes won't be so easy.
Shirin, Since your father (didn't my previous post say something about him being honest?) won't write a comment about the fact that he CHEATED on this quiz I'm going to out him.
HE CHEATED!
You won by a mile. He actually got four wrong before going back to change his answers. I'm not going to tell you how he cheated, but suffice it to say now that I know how I can prevent it in the future!
If I were you, my dear Ingrid, I would reward me for my cleverness, ingenuity, perceptiveness, resourcefulness. I did not change a thing, I just from the very beginning figured out a trick to find out if my initial hunches were correct. That is no cheating, it is cleverness, dare say intelligence. I didn't get where I am today without going beyond what is obvious to the commoners and laymen to a level a few notches above their reach. I deserve an award of some sort, I am sure Shirin and Anahita, my sweet, loving daughters agree. Let's hear it for me!!!!
PS. It is pain in the patuti to make a comment on your blog, Ingrid. Why don't you do some thing about it, or else, I have to figure out a way of getting around the hurdles that comment writing on your blog puts in my way.
Such self-righteousness may be warranted, Daddy, for figuring out how to "enhance your score," but it still doesn't erase the breaking of the ethical code by receiving aid or help for a quiz. Surely, Dr. Modaresi knows that by now! -Shirin
9 comments:
This is the most intriguing and clever post I have seen. It definitely is not going to be easy solving the puzzle of whom each picture belongs to, even for me who lives with them. I will be working on them.
Here are my answers, and I am going for perfect score.
1. Calvin
2. Tippy
3. Teddie
4. ObubObus
5 Lupe
6. Leyli
7. Frosty
8. Chapu
9. Shahbabu
10.Tippy
11.Teddy
12.ObusObus
13.Leyli
14.Lupe
15.Frosty
16.Chapu
17.Calvin
18.Shahbanu
You got 100% A+ on your identification and a B on spelling. :-) See the following:
>Chappu has two "p"s so it has the soft "a" sound as in "chapped skin"
>ObusObus in answer 4 you spelled ObubObus (teehee)
>Shahbanu in answer 9 you spelled Shahbabu (teeheehee)
>You spelled Teddie for #3 and Teddy for # 11
>Layli's name on her vet records is Layli, not Leyli. This is not really an error per se, especially since it's a Persian name and you are the full-blooded Persian in the family, so no points off for that.
I promise I haven't looked at anyone else's answers. Here are mine:
1.frosty
2.tippy
3.teddie
4.obi
5.lupe
6.layli
7.frosty
8.chapu
9.banu
10.tippy
11.teddie
12.obi
13.layli
14.lupe
15.frosty
16.chapu
17.calvin
18.banu
I just looked at Daddy's answers and I think I got him on number one! I am definitely the winner!!!
-Shirin
Sorry, girl. Pic #1 is Calvin. Your spelling is better than Daddy's, except you both misspelled Chappu. Daddy would also argue that Banu is actually Shahbanu, but then using that logic ObusObus would also be wrong and only Obiwankinobi (sp?) would be correct and Frosty would have to be Frosty Paws.
SO... you get an A- overall. Too bad your parisitology quizzes won't be so easy.
Shirin,
Since your father (didn't my previous post say something about him being honest?) won't write a comment about the fact that he CHEATED on this quiz I'm going to out him.
HE CHEATED!
You won by a mile. He actually got four wrong before going back to change his answers. I'm not going to tell you how he cheated, but suffice it to say now that I know how I can prevent it in the future!
If I were you, my dear Ingrid, I would reward me for my cleverness, ingenuity, perceptiveness, resourcefulness. I did not change a thing, I just from the very beginning figured out a trick to find out if my initial hunches were correct. That is no cheating, it is cleverness, dare say intelligence. I didn't get where I am today without going beyond what is obvious to the commoners and laymen to a level a few notches above their reach. I deserve an award of some sort, I am sure Shirin and Anahita, my sweet, loving daughters agree. Let's hear it for me!!!!
PS. It is pain in the patuti to make a comment on your blog, Ingrid. Why don't you do some thing about it, or else, I have to figure out a way of getting around the hurdles that comment writing on your blog puts in my way.
Such self-righteousness may be warranted, Daddy, for figuring out how to "enhance your score," but it still doesn't erase the breaking of the ethical code by receiving aid or help for a quiz. Surely, Dr. Modaresi knows that by now!
-Shirin
Post a Comment