Friday, December 21, 2007

To Fix Or Not To Fix?

I'm talking about "red eye." No, not the condition for which you use ophthalmic drops, nor the late flight you take during the night, but the photographic phenomenon that occurs that makes us look creepy. Look at the first pic - both of their eyes are red. Now look at the second pic. Gabriel's eyes are still red. For some reason my PhotoShop software fixed Tita's but not his. But do hers look normal? I feel like my choices are between creepy and spooky.
original photo with red eyes

Tita with her BLACK eyes. Spooky, man.

Which do you think looks better?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to comment since the display over the web is somewhat low resolution - on my computer they don't look all that different. I have thought that your kitty photos have been looking good since cat eyes can look so spooky. Have you been fixing those as well? I assume you are taking advantage of the red eye setting on your camera - if you have one. It does a pre-flash which causes your iris to change size so less of your retina can reflect the light. This works most effectively with a front on shot rather than one from the side as this one was.

Your Big Sis

Shirin Modaresi said...

I think the second one is worse! Here eyes don't look nearly as weird in the first one.
-Shirin